This guide will cover the process to list a product to Amazon from ChannelGrabber, assuming that you have already created the product itself in the system (see separate guide on "Creating a New Single Product" if you have not yet got a product set up to list).
You can only list a product to Amazon via ASIN if that product already exists in Amazon’s catalogue.
We don’t recommend to use this method for variation products, only single items. Please see separate guide on “Listing a New Product to Amazon (no existing ASIN)” for variation products.
1. From the main Products page click on the name of the item you want to list to Amazon. This will take you to the General tab for this item. Click onto the Listings tab on the navigation column on the left:
2. a) First you need to create the basic listing profile, by entering a Profile Name (for your reference to identify the channel – this could be the channel name, or account name etc.) then selecting the Channel and Account from the drop-down menus. This is so ChannelGrabber knows which marketplace and account to send the listing to, as many of our users have more than one account on each marketplace or multiple listings of the same item on one marketplace:
b) Once you have created the listing profile, click the green Add (+) button to the left:
c) This will create the new listing profile and you can then click on the Edit link on the right to go in and start adding more content to the listing:
3. Once “inside” the listing profile, you will be able to see several empty fields and two tabs for different sections of the listing (Information and Images):
4. To pull in your general product info that you already added, go to the QuickLoad bar at the top of the page and select General from the Info drop-down menu. You do NOT need to click on Submit (this will submit an incomplete listing to Amazon if you click it at this stage):
5. You can set/change the Condition and add a Condition Note if applicable, then check that your price has been pulled in, or if you didn’t enter a price in the General tab of the product, you can enter a price now, and also make sure that you have selected a number from the Fulfilment Latency drop-down (this is your handling time, so “0” means same day dispatch, “1” means next day dispatch etc.):
6. You will see that “Find it on Amazon / List to an existing ASIN” is the default option that is selected near the bottom of the page, so leave that selected:
a) If you already know the ASIN that you want to list against, you can simply copy it from Amazon and paste it into the ASIN field:
b) If you are unsure if your item already exists on Amazon or want to search for the ASIN, you can do this within ChannelGrabber, using the Search box at the bottom of the page. Please be as specific as possible with your search term to obtain accurate results:
c) ChannelGrabber will then return any relevant listings that are already live on Amazon. If you hover over the link you will see an image of the item so you can check it is the correct listing, or you can click on the link to open a new tab with the actual Amazon page. Once you have found the item you want to list against, simply click the ASIN link on the left and your ASIN field higher up on the page will be automatically completed with the ASIN you have chosen:
7. You can now click onto the Images tab. As the item already exists on Amazon, you will not be able to add your own images immediately, however it is worth selecting your primary and any secondary images before submitting, as if at any point you become the only seller of the item, Amazon will use your images.
Select your Primary Image from the drop-down menu then tick into any images that you want to use as Secondary Images and ChannelGrabber will show you previews:
8. Finally, you can go to the top of the page again and click the Submit button to send your listing to Amazon:
Once you have clicked Submit, a banner will appear at the top of the page to confirm that it is processing. Amazon only collects data from ChannelGrabber every 15-20 minutes or so, so you may find it takes a while to go through to Amazon and receive a status back.
While it is processing you will see an amber “Pending” icon in the status column of the Listing or Products page. Once it goes through successfully to Amazon, this will update to a green “Active” icon, or if there is an error on the listing, you will receive the red “Error” icon.
If you receive an error, you can return to the Amazon listing profile and click Edit, then the banner at the top of the page will display the error message from Amazon. If it is clear what you need to change, then please make any changes and re-submit the listing. If you are unsure what the error message means (sometimes they are very detailed) then you can call our Support Team on +44 (0)161 711 0245 and they will be able to advise on the best way to resolve the error.
Sometimes you may need to remove the listing from Amazon altogether, then try re-listing after 24 hours. If that is the case, you can click the Delete from Amazon button at the top of the page and this will remove all trace of the item form your Amazon inventory within 24 hours. You can then make any changes to the listing that are needed and re-submit after 24 hours.
We hope this guide is useful, but please feel free to contact us if you still need further assistance.