Before activating stock management, we recommend that you read the following guides first, to help you ensure that the whole process goes smoothly:
Once you have made sure that your SKUs are in good order, we recommend that you should check that the stock quantities in ChannelGrabber are correct and amend them if not, then once you are sure that your quantities are accurate, please read through and make sure you understand the following:
- If any of your products have missing SKUs we will not be able to manage the stock for these products
- If your SKUs are incorrect/duplicated and/or do not match across your channels, we will not be able to manage the stock effectively for these products.
- If any of your products have zero or negative stock quantities the listings for those products will be ended when stock management is turned on (if the product is a variation product, it is the individual items with quantities of zero/negative which will go out of stock and not the whole product). If you are using eBay’s “Out of Stock Control” option, then the listings with zero stock will simply show as out of stock instead of being ended.
- If you use Amazon sales prices or manage your prices on Amazon directly, please let us know before you activate stock management, as ChannelGrabber will push out the original prices to Amazon and over-write your Amazon/Sales prices. We can disable Amazon pricing in ChannelGrabber, but you need to notify us BEFORE you turn on stock management.
- Once stock management is turned on, ChannelGrabber will become your main stock controller, we therefore recommend any manual stock adjustments are done through ChannelGrabber and not directly via the Channel or Webstore.
If you are not sure about any of the above points or need to ask further questions before you activate your stock management, please feel free to contact our training team via the Intercom chat icon and someone will get back to you to provide further assistance.
If you understand and accept the above points you can feel free to activate your stock management in ChannelGrabber as soon as you are ready, by navigating to the main Products page, and clicking on the "Turn Stock Management On" button:
A pop-up notification will appear which contains the same five points as provided above, and you need to tick the check box to confirm that you understand these points before clicking the OK button:
This will activate stock management so that from this point forward, any time you receive an order, or make a manual stock change in ChannelGrabber, a stock push will be triggered to the channels for the SKUs that have been updated.
Triggering a Stock Sync (stock push)
You can also choose to trigger a full stock sync now and at any time, which causes ChannelGrabber to do a stock push on ALL of your SKUs, to push out the stock levels that are in ChannelGrabber to all of your channels and listings to make sure they are all at the exact same level to start with.
BEFORE you trigger a stock sync, you must make sure that the SKUs you have on your account are correct and unique and that you're happy for ChannelGrabber to send the stock value, as it is, to your listings on the channels themselves. This means that any zero or negative stock value item on ChannelGrabber will get pushed out which will potentially end the listing on the channel/cause it to go out of stock.
If you use eBay’s “Out of Stock Control” option:
- If we push out a stock level of zero to an active eBay listing, then that listing will simply show as "out of stock" on eBay, instead of being ended, so it will stay live but the customer won't be able to buy it until you add more stock.
- If you have inactive eBay listings (even ones with zero stock) in ChannelGrabber, then the stock push will re-list the item to eBay, which means you could incur listing fees from eBay even if you don't have the item in stock. If you want to avoid this, please ensure you have removed any eBay listings that you do NOT want to be re-listed BEFORE you trigger a stock push.
If you use Amazon sales prices or manage your prices on Amazon directly:
- Please let us know before we push out stock, as ChannelGrabber will push out the original prices to Amazon and over-write your Amazon/Sales prices.
- We can disable Amazon pricing in ChannelGrabber, but you need to notify us BEFORE you trigger a stock push.
To trigger a stock push, simply navigate to the main Products page and click on the "Stock Sync" button:
A pop-up notification will appear which contains a disclaimer to ensure you have read and understood this guide, and understand the potential repercussions of triggering a stock push, so you need to tick the check box to confirm that you understand these points before clicking the OK button:
Once you do this, you will see that the Active (green tick) status icons next to each product will change to Pending (amber) status icons while the stock push is happening, then everything should revert back to the relevant status again once it is done (usually "Active" or sometimes "Paused" if you have zero stock left).
If you have any questions prior to activating stock management or running a stock sync, do feel free to get in touch with our training team via the Intercom chat icon and someone will get back to you to provide further assistance.